Call for BSF volunteers 2018: deadline extended to 15 June!
Image copyright Belgrade Security Forum/A.Andjic
The organizers of the Belgrade Security Forum (BSF) are pleased to invite enthusiastic and motivated students and graduates from universities, schools and institutes based in Serbia and abroad to join the BSF team for the 8th Belgrade Security Forum, to be held in October.
Every year, the Belgrade Security Forum gathers over 100 speakers and more than 600 high-ranking officials, including representatives from prestigious research and science institutes, civil society organizations, parliaments and media from Serbia, Europe and around the world.
The aim of the Forum is to intensify high-quality debate on security, international relations and responsibility to find solutions for the current security challenges in the Balkans and Europe. In this respect, BSF volunteers are essential to support operations which will ensure a smooth running of the conference.
As a volunteer, you will be a vital part of the conference and will help create a welcoming and outstanding conference experience for over 600 participants from around the world. This is a valuable opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the field of foreign affairs and security policy, attend an international conference, and obtain firsthand experience in the organization of a high-level international security dialogue.
In this regard you will be required to undertake a one-day training session, where you will become familiarized with volunteer duties to be completed throughout the conference.
- High-level officials, top experts and future leaders,
- Expert opinions, quality discussions,
- Event organization skills.
As a volunteer, you will be expected to be available for the entire period of the conference, according to the appointed schedule. You will be asked to assist with one of the following teams:
- Analytics Team (taking minutes at the sessions and panels, producing short reports for the web (during the BSF), on the basis of the minutes, compiling longer report on the sessions and panels (in the days after the BSF), conducting interviews with the BSF participants)
- Logistics Team (facilitating entry/exit of guests at the conference rooms as well as arrivals and departures of the speakers, assisting with room counts, smooth transport)
- Media Team (assisting with media registrations and providing to journalists needed equipment and information on program/participants)
- Participants Team (assisting with conference attendee registrations, assisting with conference attendee program, assisting with conference attendee questions)
- Protocol Team (assisting in VIP bilateral meeting preparations, assisting in preparation of list for seating arrangements, handling seating arrangement for VIP guest)
- Technical Support (assisting with technical preparation and execution of the BSF, assembling registration materials and other related technical duties)
- Web Team (taking notes and writing short and quick reports from the panels/sessions; assisting in creating social media posts; tweeting and administrating the tweet wall).
If you are interested in applying for the volunteer position, please fill the on-line application. The application will help us see what frames your motivation for volunteering and indicates the type of work and team that you want to be engaged with.
Applications should be submitted no later than May 18, 2018.
The on-line application form will automatically close at 23:59 hours on 15 June.
For any further questions you can contact the BSF Volunteer Coordinator, Mr. Vladimir Erceg on email@example.com.
*Please note that we are not able to cover travel and accommodation cost.