Advanced political education
Comprehensive programs adapted to the actual needs and challenges met at both local and national level of government.
Promotion and networking of leaders
We bring together men and women politicians, think-tankers, activists, and those people who make, implement, interpret and criticize decisions.
We raise awareness and knowledge about energy efficiency, renewable sources of energy, green economy.
Political and social inclusion
We traditionally promote improvement of position of women, Roma, youth, as well as the residents of underdeveloped areas.
Mixed migrations and development
We research issues being at the intersection of mixed migrations and development.
- Since its inception in 2003, BFPE has contributed to democratic transformation and European integration of the region of Southeast Europe:
- Continuously conceiving and organising the political education of interested and engaged citizens and decision-makers at different levels,
- Promoting and connecting prominent individuals and engaged groups of citizens who advocate modernisation, democratization and European integration of Serbia,
- By advocating for the rule of law, human and minority rights,
- Seeking solutions to existing and future challenges to sustainable development,
- By initiating dialogue among the relevant actors,
- Striving to improve the knowledge and professional capacity of relevant actors for their responsible participation in political and social life.
BFPE in numbers:
14 generations who attended the program of the Annual Seminar, our oldest educational program;
- over 1,400 alumni from Serbia;
- the work of the informal Green Parliamentary Group in the 4 conferences of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia;
- 50 organisations gathered around the Green Chair mechanism that BFPE coordinates with partners;
- over 40 organisations of the energy group working group (Chapter 15 of the negotiations), which BFPE coordinates in the National Convention on the European Union;
- 7 years of public dialogue on sustainable energy use;
- 8 Belgrade Security Forums with over 3,500 participants and guests;
- 240 participants of the «Regions» program;
- 4 Women’s Leadership Academies, which have gathered over 120 politicians;
- 3 generations of the Regional Academy of Democracy with 150 new generation politicians from the region (2012-2015);
- 6 Belgrade Dialogues (2015-).
Our results that we have achieved, together with our partners in the past 15 years:
- With four more organizations, participating in the preparation of the first National Youth Strategy, adopted in 2008;
- preparation of the drafting and consultation process preceding the adoption of the National Action Plan (NAP) for the implementation of Resolution 1325 (“Women, Peace, Security”) of the United Nations Security Council in Serbia;
- since 2009 (together with the Center for Modern Skills and Young Researchers of Serbia), the role of the Secretariat of the Informal Green Parliamentary Group, the elaboration of the mechanism of the Green Chair in the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia;
- from 2011, the preparation and coordination of a regional public dialogue on sustainable energy use in South East Europe;
- strengthening and supporting women active at all levels of political life in Serbia and the region; a direct impact on the adoption of quotas and the empowerment of women’s parliamentary / parliamentary networks, until the establishment of the Women’s Parliamentary Network in 2013;
- Women Leadership Academy, from initiative and project to association of associations of three civil society organizations (BFPE, Center for Modern Skills and Women’s Support Center from Kikinda)
- Regional Initiative in 9 countries of South East Europe “Women of the Balkans for New Politics”;
- Belgrade Security Forum (organized by the European Movement in Serbia and the Belgrade Center for Security Policy), as the most important conference dedicated to international security “from Vienna to Istanbul”, which gives the general public room for debate and a better understanding of bilateral and multilateral relations in the region, Europe and the world;
- Belgrade Dialogues, as a new format that enabled the participation of decision-makers from Serbia in the consideration of the future of Europe and the European Union;
- Memoranda of cooperation between the municipalities of Raska, Pcinja, South Banat, Srem and Uzice districts on the development of the perspective of their development in the context of European integration of Serbia;
- connecting professionals from the space of Serbia and Kosovo in the context of the normalization of relations between Belgrade and Pristina.