15 years of BFPE: Can we rebuild trust in politics?
December 4, 2018 05:00 pm | December 4, 2018 11:00 pm
Radisson Old Mill
Radisson Collection Hotel, Old Mill Belgrade, Bulevar vojvode Mišića, Belgrade, Serbia
On Tuesday, 4 December, we will mark 15 years of continuous work dedicated to peaceful democratic transformation and European integration of the region of Southeast Europe.
Our guest speakers will be:
Director of Petnica Research Station and President of the BFPE Board, Vigor Majić;
Head of the Council of Europe Office in Belgrade, Tobias Flessenkemper; and
Winfried Veit, Professor, University of Freiburg, who will talk of the importance of political education and the key challenges that Europe faces today.
This will be immediately followed by the panel “Politics, political parties and Serbia in 2019”, in which, with the moderation provided by journalist Suzana Trninić, participation will take:
- Marija Obradovic, Serbian Progressive Party
- Boris Milicevic, Socialist Party of Serbia
- Maja Sedlarević, League of Social Democrats of Vojvodina
- Sasa Paunovic, Democratic Party
- Tatjana Macura, Movement (of the) Center
- Dijana Vukomanovic, People’s Party and
- Mirsad Jusufovic, Sandzak Democratic Party
Following the address of the partner organization, Ana van Oweren from the Vilfred Martens Center for European Studies, the event will be closed by awarding the diplomas to the students of the alumni generation of our annual seminar.