Peace, reconciliation and culture of remembrance: first event of our Annual seminar 2015 (9-11 October, Zrenjanin)
October 9, 2015 06:00 pm | October 9, 2015 08:00 pm
Hotel Vojvodina, Trg slobode, Zrenjanin
From 9 to 11 October, first in the series of events planned by BFPE’s Annual seminar – generation 2015 will take place in Zrenjanin.
Participants of the 12th generation of the oldest and most prestigious BFPE’s educational program will discuss – and learn – about the reconciliation and the need to nurture a culture of remembrance. Our list of presenters and lecturers includes:
- Andreas Roth, professor of history, German school Belgrade
- Natasa Kandic, founder of the Humanitarian Law Center, Belgrade
- Mirsad Tokaca, director of the Research and Documentation Center, Sarajevo
- HE Wolfram Maas, former Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany in the Republic of Serbia
- Radmila Nakarad, full professor, Faculty of Political Science, University of Belgrade
- Muharem Bazdulj, journalist, weekly Vreme, Belgrade
- Zarko Puhovski, professor, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Zagreb, and
- Slobodan Markovic, Professor, Faculty of Political Science, University of Belgrade.
The following topics will be discussed: culture of remembrance in the education system; documenting human losses – the construction of a new culture of remembrance; Post-war German politics and the imperative of reconciliation; roads to and obstacles to the reconciliation process; Literature as a medium of reconciliation.