Annual seminar in Šabac: Serbia, international organizations and security of Western Balkans
May 18, 2018 04:00 pm | May 20, 2018 12:00 pm
Hotel Sloboda, Cara Dušana, Šabac, Serbia
Under the auspices of the Council of Europe, in partnership with the Wilfred Martens Center for European Studies, and with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Netherlands,
we are organizing the second annual alumni generation seminar, to be held from 18-20 May in Šabac, Serbia.
This time around we will be discussing foreign and security policy matters, in particular:
- Status and progress of Serbia’s European integration (with our Chief Negotiator Tanja Miscevic);
- US-Serbia relations (with Deputy Chief of Mission Kurt D. Donelly);
- India’s opening to the world (with H.E. Narinder Chauhan, Ambassador of the Republic of India in Serbia)
- EU and new geopolitical realities (with Niklas Novaky, Research Officer at Wilfred Martens Center for European Studies);
- NATO’s contribution to the security of the Western Balkans (with Branimir Filipovic, Acting Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and Brigadier General Cesare Marinelli, Head of the NATO Military Liaison Office in Serbia);
- military neutrality in contemporary international relations (with Igor Novakovic, Research Director of ISAC Fund, Belgrade);
- the issue of migration policy (with Despina Syrri, Director of Symbiosis, Greece and Vladimir Petronijevic, Executive Director of Group 484, Belgrade);
- and cyber security (with Milan Sekuloski, National Program Officer of Geneva DCAF).