Empowering women entrepreneurs in Serbia and Kosovo
June 29, 2020 05:00 pm | June 29, 2020 07:00 pm
Beogradski fond za političku izuzetnost, Koste Glavinića, Belgrade, Serbia
The Belgrade Fund for Political Excellence invites you to a presentation of prominent personalities from Serbia and Kosovo who are engaged in women’s activism. We have invited Jasmina Savić, from the Filigran Art Association from Kragujevac, and Sanija Murati, director of the Balkan Women Association from Prishtina, as key speakers. The conversation will be moderated by Anamari Repić from the Belgrade Fund for Political Excellence.
- Women today in the age of pandemic: what are the problems, how does this situation affect the socio-economic and social position of women?
- The position of women and their perspective; women entrepreneurs, is there cooperation, what are the problems?
- What does a successful woman look like?
- What is needed for the success of women in business, how do examples of successful women affect, the role of institutions in support, the role of the international community?
- How and why do you cooperate? Cooperation between women of Kosovo and Serbia, in the region, what kind of cooperation is possible?
We will invite several other women from Serbia and Kosovo who are engaged in similar activism / work to this Zoom meeting, to follow the conversation as an audience, in order to enable a wider discussion, exchange of experiences and possible contacts.
The event will be held as part of the project “Through innovation to trust and change of consciousness”, which we have been implementing for three years with our partners D4D from Pristina, NGO Aktiv from Mitrovica and Transconflict from Belgrade, and is supported by the EU. The overall goal of the project is to promote the establishment of friendly and stable relations between Serbia and Kosovo through the creation of ties and forms of cooperation that go beyond politics. We want to renew mutual trust and understanding between Serbian and Kosovo societies by encouraging cooperation between various expert groups from Serbia and Kosovo.